061 | When to Quit Your Job - How to know when it's the right time to quit and find something new
We're back for another SEASON of the Career Coaching with Jessness Podcast, wooo! I couldn't be more excited.
This season has some awesome stuff in store for you. For the first time ever I'm going to have guests on the show. Not every week, but here and there I will bring someone on who specializes in a particular work-related area. I, of course, will still be the coolest one on the show BUT it will be great to get some new perspectives as well. ;)
In today’s episode I share with you a simple strategy for assessing your unhappiness at work. Without knowing what specifically is making you unhappy, guess what? You’re going to stay unhappy.
I also share how to use the information so you can make the tough choice: whether to stay or quit and find something new. This is no easy question to answer and today’s show will give you a solid process for figuring out what you should do.
The best part about this strategy is that when you take yourself through each of the steps, by the end you will know with 100% confidence what to do next. This strategy gives you a process to follow so you know when you decide to quit you made the decision from a thoughtful and logical place.
Here’s a mini overview of the four steps we’ll dive into during the show:
1. Assess the situation - first we’ll figure out what specifically is making you unhappy
2. Determine the owner - then we’ll figure out who is responsible for the things causing you unhappiness
3. Take action - there are two roads of action to take, we’ll look at how to take action in both and how you can start TODAY
1. Either make changes yourself
2. OR ask for what you need form your boss/company/etc.
4. Make a decision
Making a tough decision like this takes time. The reason it takes time is because we have to move out of our head and center into our body. When we make decisions from that kind of place, we know we’re making the best possible choices for ourselves.
Continue the discussion in the Career Café FB group: jessnessrequired.com/careercafe
The café is yours to ask questions, share your experiences, and get the support you need to be successful in your career.
- Jennifer Todd from the Women Who Podcast FB Group
- Elsie Escobar and Jessica Kupferman, from the podcast and Fb group: “She Podcasts”
Photo by STIL