059 | Non-Tech Startup Tactics - Success tips for entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley's HustleCon 2017
Jessica Smith: Career Advice | Interview Prep | Job Interview Questions | Personal Brand | LinkedIn Tips | Salary Negotiation
Hustle Con is a one-day startup event where the world's most successful non-technical founders:
1. Tell their origin stories
2. Teach the practical tactics they used to start and grow their startup
3. Share behind the scenes insights on their wins and losses
I had an absolute blast at this year's Hustle Con event. It was my first time there, but it definitely won’t be my last. Big thanks to everyone who made the event possible!
Each year Hustle Con invites the world's most interesting entrepreneurs, leaders, and do-ers to tell their 'behind the scenes’ story. Learn more at hustlecon.com/
Tune into today’s episode for the best success tips shared during the event. It will feel like you were actually there…ooooo neat, time travel.
ROLL CALL (in order of mention in the show)
- Casey Niestat, YouTube Star and founder of Beme
- Miguel McKelvey, co-founder of WeWork
- Mayfield Fund featuring Tim Chang and Rishi Garg, a Silicon Valley VC firm which has partnered with the founders of Lyft, Marketo, and SolarCity to name a few.
- Jen Rubio, founder of the first-class company, Away
- Manish Chandra, founder, and CEO of Poshmark
- Shan-Lyn Ma, founder of Zola crushing the $300 billion wedding industry (GO GIRL!)
- Tom Bilyeu, founder of Quest Nutrition and Impact Theory
- Tucker Max, founder of Book in a Box and the well-known book, 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell'
SHOUT OUTS - It was so great meeting each of you, I wish you all the success in the world and will be rooting for you as we continue to grow our businesses!
- Gus Shultz, VP and Head of Talent for ScaleLab
- Josh Edwards, Senior Accounting Manager at RiskSense
- Austin Gaydos from Arena Solutions
- Yoon Kim, founder, and creator of Starboard
- Lucas Ho, start-up entrepreneur for VR apps concentration on museum industry
Photo by Breather