052 | Interview Prep Qs - Tell Me About Yourself, how to answer effectively & share the right stuff
I'm excited to cover today's topic because it's one that was requested from one of the pod listeners. If you have something you'd like covered in a future show, reach out and let me know!
First up, I want to thank everyone who has reviewed the pod in the last week...I'm blown away by all the nice feedback and comments shared, THANK YOU! I have a goal to get to 12 reviews in iTunes for March, help me get there and leave a review! I love reading your comments, feedback, and thoughts about the show.
Today's show gives you an in depth look into how to answer the infamous interview question, "Tell me a little about yourself." Interview questions that are broad and super open-ended leave a LOT of room for a response, so you better tackle questions like these with a plan
This question is asked in interviews often because....
- It's easy
- When a question is broad like this one, the candidate has a lot of control because they can answer how they see fit. They decide which direction will be taken, and can steer it to highlight whatever aspects about themselves they want!
- It gives the interviewer the opportunity to learn what's important for the candidate(based on how they answer the question, and what they choose to share)and answering how they see fit.
IN THIS SHOW I GO OVER THE FOLLOWING:
- How to clarify what the interviewer is asking you, to make sure you're sharing the type of information they're looking for
- What to include in your response to this question
- Strategies for expressing the human behind your resume and not just the skills listed on your resume and how you can blend the two into one solid response
- Two successful response examples you can use as a guide to create your own rockstar response
Photo by Kari Shea